Friday, February 5, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010?

Mass hysteria seems to have erupted here in Ohio as people prepare for the winter storm that the weather man keeps telling us is coming.  I was so excited to go grocery shopping today without my children.  I love my kids but I cannot stand taking them on a long grocery trip.  They whine, they get bored, they get hungry, they get tired, and then the whole trip falls apart in utter chaos.  If you have children under 3, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

So today I had my babysitter come over while I went out to all the local supermarkets to supply us for the month.  I did my menu planning, checked the sale ads, and cut coupons, marking out which store had the best deals for the items I needed.  I figured it was worth it to go to 4 different locations if I was able to stock up for the month on less than $400.  Besides quick trips to replenish things that we go through faster than the Duggars, like bread and milk, I was happy knowing that I could avoid going to the store with children in tow later.

Little did I know that people would be at Giant Eagle trying to stock their pantries in case we all get snowed in Friday.  People were acting very similarly to the way they did in anticipation of Y2K...

0 comments:

Post a Comment